guix-devel

Re: Repology and outdated packages

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: Repology and outdated packages
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:46:17 -0700

On 2022-06-07, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> kiasoc5@disroot.org writes:
>
>> I've been watching the Repology page for Guix and I've noticed that
>> we've dropped to 51% outdated packages
>> [https://repology.org/repository/gnuguix]. We used to be at 40%
>> outdated packages a few months ago.
>
> Repology hasn't been able to caught Guix package updates for a while
> now. As a consequence, many packages are marked as outdated in Repology
> even though they are not.

I wondered about this again, and was pointed to:

  https://github.com/repology/repology-updater/issues/1261

Appears that where the website is hosted might indirectly (e.g. nobody
explicitly configured this on guix infrastructure) have traffic
originating in Russian blocked...

Wonder if it makes sense to sync the files to multiple sites and put in
round-robin DNS? Apparently it is already available at bayfront.

live well,
  vagrant