guix-devel

image derivation for deploy

From: Csepp
Subject: image derivation for deploy
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:14:05 +0200

Hey all!

I'm working on a Guile module that should help with deploying to Linode
(and probably other hosting providers) and the plan is to build a disk
image that can be booted and used as an SSH deploy target.

So far the upload and configuration part works and the VM boots, but the
image has to be generated manually.

Does anyone have some pointers for generating it as a gexp, or any
pitfalls I should be aware of?

The code currently lives in my deploy config which is not in a public
repo, but I'd like to move it into Guix proper soon.  If someone wants
to take a look I can upload it somewhere.