guix-devel

stalled ruby MRI patches

From: Remco van 't Veer
Subject: stalled ruby MRI patches
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:26:50 +0200

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I submitted patches to the ruby MRI packages to
update them because the current versions have several CVEs leaning on
them;

- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56301
- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56302
- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56303
- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56304

Maxime Devos and Tobias Geerinckx-Rice already looked at them, I learned
about "grafs" and "replace", and made a v2 but there doesn't seem to
have been any progress since.

Is there anything I can do to help this along?  Are there better ways to
promote patches (apart from being annoying on this mailinglist)?

Cheers,
Remco