guix-devel

Re: Who owns guix-mirror?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Who owns guix-mirror?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 15:21:35 +0200

Hi Philip,

Philip Beadling 写道:
I was wondering who owns the mirror as there is no public ownership declared on github.com?

Is it owned by Guix or is it run by a trusted third party, etc?

It's Marius Bakke (mbakke) and me (nckx). It probably wouldn't hurt to make that list public. Marius, what say you?

So trusted, and not even third, parties. You're also trusting GitHub, and the mirror *is* completely unofficial. There's no guarantee that the synchronisation won't break just when an important security update is pushed to Savannah.

Kind regards,

T G-R