guix-devel

Re: (ice-9 base64)?

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: (ice-9 base64)?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:09:24 -0700

Thank you for the explanations Maxime!

Then, if I understood correctly, IMO I would say Guile should not really care about Guix's bundling/unbundling. That is, adding (ice-9 base64) (or however we want to call it... maybe (encoding base64) following Golang and Guile's (web ....) module) should be totally independent of Guix. So, if we add (ice-9 base64) to Guile then Guix should figure out what to do with it, but it's Guix's concern not Guile's.

About Guix's unbundling (maybe that's something that should go on Guix's mailing list), I don't think currently there's any unbundling for base64 modules or at least not in a package I maintain guile-jwt (guile-jwt bundles base64). And probably there's no unbundling because there's no canonical implementation? Even if there was a canonical implementation, how would that look like in Guix's guile-jwt package? What would the snippet actually do?

Thanks,

Aleix