guix-devel

Re: guix install nyxt failure

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix install nyxt failure
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 13:33:24 +0100

Hi,

On sam., 29 oct. 2022 at 00:59, pierce glenn <pierceglenn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> For the past few weeks, I have had install failures with nyxt.
>
> I am running guix package manager on the Librem 5 and get the
> following. Always fails when it gets to inkscape. Anyone got pointers?
> I've heard to try --subsitute-urls, but I am already using the
> standard bordeaux and ci.guix. This is only a recent problem. Nyxt
> installed fine a month and a half ago, and I have loaded other
> software through guix without issue.

Currently, substitutes are only available for x86_64-linux and
i686-linux.  For other systems – as Librem 5, I guess – Nyxt is failing,
probably because some dependencies.

However, you report an issue with inkscape when there is no path between
nyxt and inkscape; at least, it is what “guix graph --path nyxt
inkscape” says.

Then, you report,

  269 |     Rect boundsFast() const override {
 47% [###############                 ]guix install: error: corrupt input while
restoring archive from socket

;;If I try to run again

~ $ guix install nyxt
guix install: error: failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket':
Connection refused

when guix-daemon had been stopped.  And that’s unexpected.

Cheers,
simon