guix-devel

Re: guix pypi-ls

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix pypi-ls
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 19:23:22 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 05 Nov 2022 at 12:47, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> I have this one off script I call `pypi-ls` for listing tar files on
> standard output from pypi to see if they contain tests:
>
> #!/bin/env sh
>
> exec wget -qO- $1 | tar xvz

Well, I think you can avoid the extraction.  Something like:

   exec wget -qO- $1 | tar tz

I have some tiny Guix script that extract the source URL from a package,
but I am not happy with it.  Other said, from my point of view, the most
annoying part is to form the PyPI URL, i.e., get $1. :-) For instance, I
have something like,

    guix download $(guix repl -- pypi.scm pygls@.13) | tar tz

and we could imagine a better UI.  It could be nice to have an
extension, say “guix upstream”, that does some of the left part of the
pipe.

Cheers,
simon