guix-devel

Re: debbugs-guix.el helper function

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: debbugs-guix.el helper function
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:09:48 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Oct 2022 at 11:47, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> I have something similar that I find extremely useful: hitting C-w on a
> bug adds the mumi and debbugs URLs to the kill ring.

In addition, another helper that I plan to use more… But it is not that
handy with Debbugs because of Gnus.  Well, via Notmuch (or Mu4e), it is
handy,

(defun my/notmuch-issues (msgid)
  "Add URL of MSGID pointing to bug number to `kill-ring'.

Yankable result:
`http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/msgid/<Message-ID>'

then resolved by the server.

Work only `notmuch-tree-mode', `notmuch-search-mode' or
`notmuch-show-mode'."
  (interactive
   (list
    (let ((yanked
           (if (or (eq major-mode 'notmuch-tree-mode)
                   (eq major-mode 'notmuch-search-mode)
                   (eq major-mode 'notmuch-show-mode))
               (progn
                 (notmuch-show-stash-message-id-stripped)
                 (car kill-ring))
             "?")))
      (read-string
       (format "Message-ID (%s): " yanked)
       nil nil yanked))))
  (let* ((url
          (format "%s%s"
                  "http://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/";
                  msgid)))
    (kill-new url)
    (when current-prefix-arg
          (browse-url url))
        (message (format "%s killed." url))))

When reading from Emacs-Notmuch, I just run ’M-x my/notmuch-issues’ and
then I can yank elsewhere the URL.  Last, Mumi resolves from the
Message-ID to the Debbugs number (even the specific message instead of
#2 or else).

Cheers,
simon