guix-devel

Release progress, week 8

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Release progress, week 8
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:45:04 +0100

Hello Guix!

Release progress: week 8.

Apologies for not sending this one on time this Thursday; instead we got
RC1, which is nice.  :-)

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-12/msg00000.html

The RC was made from ‘version-1.4.0’ branch, which only takes important
fixes now (if in doubt, please ask).

Now we need reports from users to act upon.  I’d say we can decide next
week whether we need an RC2 or not.  I can handle the next release
candidate or the release itself, but I’ll be unavailable on Dec. 12–15.

I started writing super long release notes (a book!), comments welcome:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/drafts/gnu-guix-1.4.0-released.md

Comments?  Suggestions?  Happiness?  Excitement?  You tell!

Ludo’.

Week 7: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-11/msg00274.html
Week 6: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-11/msg00161.html
Week 5: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-11/msg00026.html