guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 8

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 8
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:32:12 +0100

Hi!

Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:

> I noticed that we have failing tests on the version-1.4.0-tests
> specification.
>
> - docker-system (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215380/details)

Fixed:

  6232959311 tests: docker-system: Increase image size.
  f59aa79ca3 system: vm: Non-volatile 'run-vm.sh' creates a CoW image.

> - prosody (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215424/details)

I suspect Freetalk (the client) might be at fault.  I tried fiddling
with it, using Loudmouth 1.5.3, removing Kerberos support, but that
didn’t have any effect.

Can someone more familiar with Prosody/XMPP take a look?

> - fail2ban-extension (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215447/details)
>
> that only fails on Berlin.

I’ll take a look.

> There is also an issue with the system images. The following images are
> failing on Berlin:
>
> - novena-barebones-raw-image (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215363/details)
> - pine64-barebones-raw-image (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215361/details)
> - pinebook-pro-barebones-raw-image
> (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215362/details)
>
> It seems that those failures are caused by an issue during info-reader
> build. I cannot reproduce it locally though.

Should be fixed now:

  fe563a87ad gnu: texinfo, info-reader: Do not run tests when cross-compiling.

> Having an RC2 with all the tests passing and images buildable could be
> nice.

Right.

Yesterday on IRC we discussed an installer crash received at
dump.guix.gnu.org.  Did you or will you have time to look into it?

I should be able to prepare and upload RC2 sometime between Thursday and
Sunday.  Now’s the time to report and fix installation problems!

Ludo’.