guix-devel

Re: [EXT] Re: Emacs integration for 'guix shell'

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: Emacs integration for 'guix shell'
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:59:57 -0500

Hey Philip,

Just a little update for this old thread.  Around the time of your
email the Emacs package was modified to enable native compilation.
Unfortunately, it made Emacs unusable on my computer which stopped my
Emacs experimentation for a bit.  I'm past that now, thankfully.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 10:38 AM Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:

> I wrote about it in some more detail here:
> https://amodernist.com/texts/emacs-guix.html, but the post didn't
> attract much attention.

Thanks for writing that blog post!  It was very helpful.  I now have
buffer-env handling 'guix shell' integration and it works like a
charm.

- Dave