guix-devel

Re: Dissecting Guix -- blog post series

From: bokr
Subject: Re: Dissecting Guix -- blog post series
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 10:32:50 +0100

Hi,

On +2022-12-09 07:33:16 +0000, ( wrote:
> On Fri Dec 9, 2022 at 7:31 AM GMT, 宋文武 wrote:
> > I think it's missing what "build-derivations" do, or "Part 0: Store".
>
> Hmm, do you mean adding an example of building a derivation in Scheme with
> ``build-derivations''?  I'll definitiely add that :)
>
>     -- (

Where is a "What can I trust?" section?

I.e., when some well-meaning enthusiast says,

"Can we package the "warm-fuzzy-floss-name" package that they have at
http://www.lesser-known-but-nice-sounding-distro.org/fantabulous/";

How does a gullible noob like me know what the dangers might be, (e.g. http:)
and how to avoid (most of) them by finding a guix version that has been
gone through with a fine-tooth comb by trusted guix devs and has been
re-hosted at gitlab or gnu.org, etc ... for added security?

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter