guix-devel

Re: guile profiling / speeding up derivations on slow storage

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guile profiling / speeding up derivations on slow storage
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 19:25:39 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 01 Dec 2022 at 02:02, Csepp <raingloom@riseup.net> wrote:

> First of all, I'm curious, how do other Guile developers profile code?

Well, recently Ludo posted a heap profiler for Guile

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2022-11/msg00012.html

> Could we add a profiling flag for the CLI similar to the existing
> debugging flags?

I agree that some utilities would be welcome.  And for instance, I am
unable to use ,profile or ’statprof’.

Well, maybe it could be interesting to collect various scenarios as
proposed in this thread [1].

1: https://yhetil.org/guix/87lenve3t2.fsf@gnu.org

Cheers,
simon