guix-devel

Re: Drafting a Guix blog post on the FHS container

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Drafting a Guix blog post on the FHS container
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 05:49:42 +0000

Hi simon,

On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 06:56 PM, zimoun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2022 at 02:32, John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here is a current (rough!) draft. For the ease of plain text email
>> I've exported from the org source to text with some light edits:
>
> Nice!  If you can turn the draft into Markdown and format a patch for
> guix-artwork [1] under website/drafts, it could be awesome! :-)
>
> Then you could send the patch to guix-devel, guix-blog or guix-patches.
>
> 1: <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git>

Ah, thanks for this info, I'll take care of that. In the meantime I'll at least
send out the current examples I've been using, as I want to make sure they work
pretty generally. Of course they should since they will produce the same
environment (until perhaps what is run in the environment), but a few of the
commands may depend on what needs to be shared from the host. For example, to
get graphical support.

I'll get the markdown formatted patch sent too and update everyone on that.

Thanks!
John