guix-devel

Re: guix package path

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix package path
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 11:47:47 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 08:12, Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior
<acpadoanjr@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> This channel is also available here
> https://gitlab.com/acpadoanjr/my-guix.git/
> But I want to use it from my local machine while I'm developing.
>
> Using the GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH, I have a local package (sbcl-lispiec) that seems
> correctly loaded:
>
> ------------
> ~$ guix search sbcl-lispiec

[...]

> location: /home/antonio/git/my-guix/my-packages/extra.scm:217:4

[...]

> ------------
>
> But I cannot build it or install it:
>
> ------------
> ~$ guix build sbcl-lispiec
> guix build: error: sbcl-lispiec: unknown package
> ------------

This package sbcl-lispiec is indeed not in:

    https://gitlab.com/acpadoanjr/my-guix.git/

and there no line 217 inside the file:

https://gitlab.com/acpadoanjr/my-guix/-/blob/main/my-packages/extra.scm

Therefore, I guess something is twisted somewhere.

Could you try:

    guix show -L /home/antonio/git/my-guix sbcl-lispiec
    guix build -L /home/antonio/git/my-guix sbcl-lispiec

Cheers,
simon