guix-devel

Re: guix package path

From: Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior
Subject: Re: guix package path
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 22:38:58 +0100

Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior <acpadoanjr@yahoo.com.br> writes:

Hi,

I would like to give some feedback concerning this issue I faced.
I found an offending package definition in my channel (but the issue is only
present when using -L argument):

(define-public gtklp
  (let ((toolchain (specification->package "clang-toolchain@10")))
    (package-with-c-toolchain gtklp-bad-tool `(("toolchain" ,toolchain)))))

For instance, when using "guix build -L ... gtklp", the alternative toolchain
did not
get called and compilation fails because of that (toolchain must be
clang-toolchain@10).

There is something missing in the environment when channel
is called from a local directory (using -L argument). I think that perhaps
"specification->package" does not work correctly, but this pure
speculation.

>From this point in the channel's definition, all other
packages are not recognized when using "guix build -L ...".
I moved the gtklp package to the end of the file and all other packages
compiled (sbcl-lispiec as well).

I'm not sure this is a bug. But well, I think important to mention
anyway.

Best regards,
--
Antonio Carlos PADOAN JUNIOR