guix-devel

LaTeX packaging policy

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: LaTeX packaging policy
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 13:03:20 +0100

Hi everyone,

While using a bit of LaTeX recently, I've noticed some packages don't
work "out-of-the-box", at least on LuaLaTeX, and need some additional
propagated inputs.  Examples would be babel-french needing scalefnt,
fontspec needing luaotfload, or hyperref needing stringenc.  Is there
any established policy for what propagated-inputs need to be included in
package definitions?  Should we add some LaTeX specific packaging
guidelines in the manual, like for Python or Rust (the former is
outdated by the way, mentioning Python 2 packages).

I can work on those if there's some sort of consensus, but just need
some advice from more experienced LaTeX packagers.

Best,
--
Josselin Poiret