guix-devel

Better Dependencies or Package Changed

From: jgart
Subject: Better Dependencies or Package Changed
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:39:07 +0000

Hi Guixers,

Sometimes I get a message like this when running `guix upgrade` to upgrade my
whole profile.

python-foo-bar (dependencies or package changed)

Is there currently a way to see exactly what dependencies changed or how the
package changed without manually associating commits with those changes?

Would be awesome if I could see a diff of how the package will change before
upgrading.

Would also be awesome to see which dependencies changed and what changed about
them. Maybe in a diff also?

all best,

jgart