guix-devel

Re: Brainstorming ideas for define-configuration

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Brainstorming ideas for define-configuration
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 09:10:50 -0500

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Victal <mirai@makinata.eu> writes:

> Co-authored-by: Felix Lechner
>

> After spending some time with old and new Guix services, I'd like to
> suggest some potential improvements to our define-configuration macro:

There seems to be some good suggestions in there, but I'm a bit
struggling to see the big picture.  Perhaps you could make this easier
by breaking down the suggested changes into smaller, easily digested
chunks that would be easier for us to evaluate (as Liliana suggested
too).

The define-configuration stuff is hard enough to stomach already, let's
try to make suggested changes to it as focused as possible :-).

Thanks for working on it!

--
Thanks,
Maxim