guix-devel

Re: Gnome dans core-updates

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Gnome dans core-updates
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:18:58 +0100

Am Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 11:07:08AM +0100 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> And a help-guix question: How do I retrace the part of the dependency
> graph that links ipxe-qemu to gnome?

I am still interested in the answer to this question, but here the line
is short:
ipxe-qemu -> qemu-minimal -> gnome-boxes -> gnome.

I wondered if we could not drop the dependency as somewhat alien to a
standard desktop, but it is in a list of packages labelled
"GNOME-Core-Utilities". It sounds like a stretch to have something in the
core of a desktop that "requires the @code{libvirt} and @code{virtlog}
daemons to run", but maybe there is a standard to what shall be part of
a minimal Gnome?

Andreas