guix-devel

Zabbix web front-end broken on master

From: Kaelyn
Subject: Zabbix web front-end broken on master
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 18:05:21 +0000

Hi,

I wanted to bring attention to a patch I sent out a week ago:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62137 updating Zabbix from 6.0.12 to 6.0.14.

My motivation for the update of the LTS version of Zabbix is to fix the web
front-end, which has been broken since PHP was upgraded from 7.4.30 to 8.2.2.
The front-end is written in PHP and currently none of the graphs will display
properly because of deprecation warnings[1] new to PHP 8.2 (IIRC Zabbix 6.0.12
only supported up through PHP 8.1), and PHP 8.2 support is one of the main
features of the 6.0.14 release[2].

I've been running the updated version on a small Cuirass server I've set up so
that I could update the system to versions of Guix newer than late January, and
have confirmed the graphs display properly again with the newer Zabbix release.

Cheers,
Kaelyn

[1] https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBXNEXT-8204
[2] https://www.zabbix.com/rn/rn6.0.14