guix-devel

Re: Guix QA: build status "unknown"

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Guix QA: build status "unknown"
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:37:53 +0000

Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> writes:

> I don't know if it is just me, but Guix QA recently seems to always
> show build status unknown when what really happens was the build
> succeeds on both x86-64 and aarch64 but on other platforms it was in
> "scheduled" state but the scheduled build never actually got run.   In
> any case thanks to the reviewers/committers some of my patches got
> reviewed and committed in this state.
>
> It is just the build status is misleading.   If just x86-64 and
> aarch64 builds are used to determine if a patch builds successfully
> then the badge should reflect such.

So, unfortunately it's not clear what the criteria are from the
interface, or why a particular status is shown.

However, currently armhf-linux builds [1] are also looked at as well
when considering the status, so this probably explains what you've been
seeing.

1:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/qa-frontpage.git/tree/guix-qa-frontpage/issue.scm#n50

Currently only 1 of the 3 ARM build machines behind the bordeaux build
farm are operating, which is probably not helping get these builds done
in a timely manor.