guix-devel

guix system container -r: write to profile?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: guix system container -r: write to profile?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:36:31 +0200

Hi Guix,

“guix system container” produces a launcher script.  I would really like
to have a nicer name for it, so I use “-r” to link it to a well-known
location.  But I can only do this once as the link name will be in use
the second time I run this.

I’d much rather like to have a proper profile with roll backs.  Would it
be a good idea to either extend “--root” to manage a symlink forest
(instead of just creating a single link) or to extend “guix system
container” to add its generated launcher script to a profile’s bin
directory?

--
Ricardo