guix-devel

Re: Guix's Answer to PyInstaller

From: jgart
Subject: Re: Guix's Answer to PyInstaller
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 21:24:11 +0000

> Hey!
> ¿Qué tal?

Hola, aqui gozando con bolsas y derivaciones ;()

> but I suspect it requires a pretty heavy magic for non-python packages.

I imagine not much magic for Common Lisp since we can produce a static binary
with sbcl, etc.

> I'd love to see this happening, mostly because I have clients I'd like to be
> able to serve... If
> you want to dig on this issue, please let me know your findings. Maybe I can
> help!

Another software to compare to is PyOxidizer which is used for producing
binaries that embed Python:

https://github.com/indygreg/PyOxidizer

> Thanks for bringing this up!

De nada, anytime!