guix-devel

Re: [GSoC 23] distributed substitutes, cost of storage

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [GSoC 23] distributed substitutes, cost of storage
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2023 22:45:57 +0000

> Could you be provide some details for helping my curiosity?

this page also has a much shorter whitepaper:

https://www.ethswarm.org/why

it started out as a storage layer for Ethereum, and as such one of its main
task is to store the blockchain data, but it's not limited to that. there's
nothing special about the blockchain data from this perspective, and reflecting
that, the Swarm project is not under the Ethereum umbrella anymore.

> However, somehow, I am not convinced that Guix should introduce some
> mechanisms to tackle some free rider problems [3].

isn't the main task of every p2p storage solution to tackle the free rider
problem?

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39