guix-devel

Re: Time travel accident

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Time travel accident
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:14:48 +0200

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

> I have,

> $ guix gc --list-dead | grep 9gfmn1yra7rzavxb9wppqi4lpdvqid8c
> finding garbage collector roots...
> determining live/dead paths...
> /gnu/store/9gfmn1yra7rzavxb9wppqi4lpdvqid8c-inferior-script.scm

For me it is (well, was, see below) under "–list-live". But it has no
referrers. And...

> $ guix gc -D /gnu/store/9gfmn1yra7rzavxb9wppqi4lpdvqid8c-inferior-script.scm

fails for me (as it should for a live item).

Yesterday, I did "rm -rf ~/.cache/guix/inferiors" followed by "guix gc".
Right now, after the above tests, I did another "guix gc". And now...
the two items we are testing here are "dead" and I could remove them.

So it seems that two garbage collections are better than one, even
though nothing much happened in between (just a few "guix shell"
executions that added a few items to the store).

Cheers,
  Konrad