guix-devel

Re: i686 core-updates failure.

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: i686 core-updates failure.
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 18:39:29 +0200

Hi Ricardo, all,

I totally agree with your words.  A minor comment about the merge of
core-updates…

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 at 17:47, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> I know that I won’t continue contributing to Guix if packages are
> removed with nonchalance.  We speak of removing Pandoc, Haskell, and
> most of R.  That would be nothing short of reckless.

…well, the current bad shape of master for non-x86_64 should not be
blocking for the core-updates merge, IMHO.

For instance, Pandoc is already broken for i686 on master.  Julia too!

Aside, I agree the situation must be improved.  Therefore…

…Concerning Julia, it seems about the configuration of the build farm,

Error During Test at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.8.3.drv-0/julia-1.8.3/test/testdefs.jl:21
  Got exception outside of a @test
  LoadError: OutOfMemoryError()

Is it possible that Berlin is missing memory?

…Concerning GHC@9.2, it is also about the build farm,

building of `/gnu/store/in0gfsahn1z6ym232wg3cayzim51zng8-ghc-9.2.5.drv' timed
out after 3600 seconds of silence
@ build-failed /gnu/store/in0gfsahn1z6ym232wg3cayzim51zng8-ghc-9.2.5.drv -
timeout

Well, so maybe it is fixable by extending the timeout.

Once Julia fixed on core-updates for x86_64 (the patch is almost ready,
I am currently checking it will have the expected effect ;-)), then I
will give a look for Julia on i686; probably tomorrow.

About GHC, I am trying to build ghc-8.10.7 on core-updates for i686.  It
could be nice to fix it.  Well, I will be happy if someone™ beats me. ;-)

1: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/394617/dashboard?system=i686-linux

Cheers,
simon