guix-devel

Re: `mumi send-email' means no more debbugs dance to send multiple patch

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: `mumi send-email' means no more debbugs dance to send multiple patches
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 12:12:01 +0200

Hello Arun,

this looks all very nice, thanks a lot!

I have a few "bug reports" about "mumi web".

When I start it, it runs on 0.0.0.0, port 1.2.3.4; should it not choose
a sensible default, such as localhost and 8080? Running
   mumi web --address=localhost --port=8080
complains that it does not know localhost.
When I use 127.0.0.1 instead, it starts.
But it complains about
     1. &xapian-error: "DatabaseOpeningError: Couldn't stat
'/var/mumi/db/mumi.xapian' (No such file or directory)"

I wondered if I needed to "mumi fetch" first (in that case, there could
be a more friendly error message).

But "mumi fetch" fails; it complains about a missing file
/var/mumi/data/spool/index.db.realtime
(which may be missing because as non-root I cannot create it).
Could this be moved to .mumi or .cache/mumi?

Anyway, thanks for moving us forward with our tooling, which I think is
currently our biggest problem.

Andreas