guix-devel

Re: Welcome to Simon as a new committer

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Welcome to Simon as a new committer
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 13:32:30 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for the grant. :-)

Well, I know the “frustration” to have patches waiting… Somehow, I will
try to do my best.  As member of the teams Julia, Core and Mentors, I
would like to apply:

    One last thing: the project keeps moving forward because committers
    not only push their own awesome changes, but also offer some of
    their time reviewing and pushing other people’s changes. As a
    committer, you’re welcome to use your expertise and commit rights to
    help other contributors, too!

    <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Commit-Access>

And I hope to be able in helping Ricardo and Lars with the teams R and
Haskell.

The fingerprint of my key is:

    705A 29B7 01EE 410E B6F9 236E 92F1 D22C 608E E7E5

and available on some keyservers [1].

1:
<https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/705A29B701EE410EB6F9236E92F1D22C608EE7E5>

For sure, I am committed to:

    Commit access should not be thought of as a “badge of honor” but
    rather as a responsibility a contributor is willing to take to help
    the project.

    <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Commit-Access>

As a reminder, note that many tasks do not require commit access and
they also help the project: ;-)

    + Bug triage
    + Reviewing patches
    + Translation
    + Writing blog post
    + Co-organization of events (online or IRL)
    + etc.

Thanks,
simon
--