guix-devel

Format specification issue in the translations...

From: Sebastian Rasmussen
Subject: Format specification issue in the translations...
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:57:05 +0200

Hi!

I'm involved in the translation of Shepherd to Swedish, and
poedit complains that the format specifications for the singular
and plural forms of one of the strings are not the same:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/modules/shepherd/service.scm#n1107

Later on in the source there is another string where the format
specifications appear to be identical:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/modules/shepherd/service.scm#n1221

If this is not a bug, please help me understand what can be done
to make the translation tools not complain (even translationproject.org
complains when I submit the .po-file).

If this is indeed a bug in the source, do you mind fixing it?
I'm not sure how your development process works, but if
it helps I can fix it in a clone of the repo and post a link here..?

 / Sebastian