guix-devel

Re: Guidelines for pre-trained ML model weight binaries (Was re: Where s

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guidelines for pre-trained ML model weight binaries (Was re: Where should we put machine learning model parameters?)
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 21:51:52 +0200

Hi,

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> Somehow, if we do not have guidelines for helping in deciding, it makes
> harder the review of #63088 [1] asking the inclusion of lc0 or it makes
> hard to know what to do about GNU Backgamon.
>
> On these specific cases, what do we do? :-)

Someone™ has to invest time in studying this specific case, look at what
others like Debian are doing, and seek consensus on a way forward.

Based on that, perhaps Someone™ can generalize that decision-making
process into more generic guidelines.  It would definitely be
beneficial.

:-)

(Yes, that’s very hand-wavy, but that’s really what needs to happen!)

Thanks,
Ludo’.