guix-devel

Re: Core-updates merge

From: Pierre Langlois
Subject: Re: Core-updates merge
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:12:25 +0100

Hi John!

John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com> writes:

> Bringing back up an old thread, but
>
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 05:55 AM, John Kehayias wrote:
>
>> Dear Andreas and fellow Guix-ers,
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 04:09 PM, Andreas Enge wrote:
>>
> [...]
>>> Each and every package is not yet in shape; please feel free to submit
>>> patches for your favourite packages that fail to build. In particular:
>>> - python-yubikey-manager does not build currently; work to correct this
>>>   is underway.
>>
>> I've just submitted <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63139> which does a bit
>> more than just fix that package and would be good for a Python feature
>> branch. I'll send the cover letter to this list for wider visibility,
>> though the Python team was cc'ed on the series. I suppose I should add
>> myself to the team after this.
>>

> Thanks to Pierre Langlois python-yubikey should now finally be fixed
> on master, without all the big python build changes. (Poetry is still
> broken.) This was via <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63354>. Unfortunately
> I managed to clobber the author line in the git log after editing and
> testing locally, sorry about that! (Anything that can be done to fix
> that?)

Thank you for picking up the series!  I admit I had forgotten I had sent
it, I don't have too much time for Guix these days I'm afraid.
Attribution is always nice of course, but mistakes happen, especially
with git, so I wouln't worry about it in this instance! At least
personnally I don't mind :-), just happy that the patches went in.

Thanks,
Pierre