guix-devel

Re: A Forum for Guix Users

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: A Forum for Guix Users
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 13:54:49 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Jul 2023 at 19:22, Sarthak Shah <shahsarthakw@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should seriously consider having a user forum similar to
> Debian's User Forum or Nixos' Discourse.

Well, I shared my opinion in the other thread:

        A Forum for Guix Users
        from Distopico <distopico@riseup.net>
        Tue, 18 Jul 2023 06:45:16 -0500
        https://yhetil.org/guix/87bkg9wigq.fsf@riseup.net

with my message 86a5unz4ap.fsf@gmail.com.

And to be explicit: do not count on me for interacting with Discourse.
For two reasons:

 1. Because I have never find the way to deal with it with intermittent
 internet connection.  How do you deal with such forum in batch-mode?

 More than often, I process (read and/or answer) the volume of Guix
 messages off-line.  As I am doing right now. :-) For example, before
 going to somewhere without internet connection (meeting or else) and
 because I know that I will have some slots of free time (boring meeting
 or else), well I just fetch the last messages, and then I process the
 messages.  Once back to some internet connection, I send all my