guix-devel

Re: ActtivityPub and Haunt

From: Christine Lemmer-Webber
Subject: Re: ActtivityPub and Haunt
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:12:41 -0400

indieterminacy <indieterminacy@libre.brussels> writes:

> As can be imagined, some of these softwares have stacks which Guix is
> not so usually adept at packaging.

As a side note, I suspect the major paint point of *all* of these
systems, which is the Javascript side for user-facing interface stuff,
can at last have a path out we can help contribute to without needing to
untangle NPM and friends: Spritely's Hoot project should allow us to
deliver browser-side scheme execution very soon!

That will make Guile a *much* more interesting target for web
development :)

 - Christine