guix-devel

Re: ActtivityPub and Haunt

From: Munyoki Kilyungi
Subject: Re: ActtivityPub and Haunt
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 14:10:54 +0300

Christine Lemmer-Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org>
aliandika:

> indieterminacy <indieterminacy@libre.brussels> writes:
>
>> As can be imagined, some of these softwares have stacks which Guix is
>> not so usually adept at packaging.
>
> As a side note, I suspect the major paint point of *all* of these
> systems, which is the Javascript side for user-facing interface stuff,
> can at last have a path out we can help contribute to without needing to
> untangle NPM and friends: Spritely's Hoot project should allow us to
> deliver browser-side scheme execution very soon!
>
> That will make Guile a *much* more interesting target for web
> development :)

Also, if I may chime in: folk use Javascript to
more or less achieve some type of interactivity.
This is something I've had to explore at work, and
I'm settling on scheme for a back-end and HTMX for
a front-end if one needs fancy things that can't
be pulled to the back-end.  My point is, for
interface facing stuff, one could try and keep
that javascript to a minimum---Javascript fatigue
anyone?---and consequently, one would not have to
worry about NPM and friends.  Just my 2¢s.

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
    but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)