guix-devel

core-updates invites to an ungrafting party

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: core-updates invites to an ungrafting party
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 11:12:28 -0400

Hello Guix!

The core-updates branch is still alive, and has accumulated (or plans
to) a few changes that cause world-rebuilds, such as fixes to
git-minimal (bug#65924) as well as docbook improvements (bug#65479) and
fixes to the build systems so that deep input rewriting works as
intended (bug#65665).

I think we could also batch ungrafting of all grafted packages, to make
the most out of this complete rebuild.

To recall, the policy surrounding what goes to core-updates is still
unchanged (per the Contributing section of our manual), except for areas
covered by teams (which is still patchy at best -- have you considered
joining teams?)

What do you think?  If you are interested in participating in the
effort, you can send your ungrafting patches for review with the
--subject-prefix='PATCH core-updates' prefix or if you are a committer
you could simple version bumps to core tools that have been posted to
guix-patches, if any.

--
Thanks,
Maxim