guix-devel

Re: [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup

From: Andrea Rossi
Subject: Re: [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:30:05 +0200

Hello everyone,

Here is a summary of the first Guix Milan meeting.

PARTICIPANTS

We were five participants:
- the two organisers
- one person reached through this mailing list
- one person from the Telegram group "Guix System Italia"
(https://t.me/guixsd_ita)
- one via personal email invitation

Another five people expressed interest but were unable to attend due to
concurrent commitments (four of whom received personal invitations).

CONTENTS

We did not set an agenda and let the conversation flow freely.
Starting from our respective uses of Guix, we touched on the tools used,
the differences to NixOS, reproducibility, the connection between Guix
and Software Heritage, the topic of "Trusting Trust" (to name a few).

PERSPECTIVES

The evening was pleasant and stimulating and we intend to continue the
meetings. We agreed to use this mailing list to coordinate the
activities of the group (using the subject tag [guix_milan]) and the
help-guix for help requests.

Kind regards,
Andrea