guix-devel

Re: Guix Survey (follow up on "How can we decrease the cognitive overhea

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Guix Survey (follow up on "How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?")
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:43:16 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 09 Oct 2023 at 12:29, Katherine Cox-Buday <cox.katherine.e@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is this rough list of questions our first pass at what the survey should
> contain?
>
> Have you done any more research on what other communities are doing?
>
> What are next steps?

Well, from my opinion, since the idea is to send once a year this
survey, the next steps seems sending a first patch.  Let say the Git
repository maintenance under doc/ and plain text file (or Org or
Markdown).

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc

Then, as any other change, we can comment and iterate (v2, v3, etc.)
until we are fine with the questions and wordings.  Once we have some
LGTM, let install the file.

End of step 1-a.  In parallel, step 1-b: how to distribute the survey
and collect answers?

Then step 2.  Etc. :-)

WDYT?

Cheers,