guix-devel

Re: more than 1,800 dependent packages: website out of date

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: more than 1,800 dependent packages: website out of date
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:55:17 +0200

Hi Maxim,

On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 at 12:11, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to preach, but I've spent some time looking at 'info info' once and
> I'm sold to it now.  I basically use these keys: 'g' to navigate to
> nodes, 'm' to select a menu, 'space' to page down and 'backspace' to
> page up.

Yeah the tutorial is really good!  Well, I did it several times over the
past 10 years and, as I said, my muscle memory has hard time with
keybindings.  Hum, let try once again. :-)

Well, I added this to my configuration:

(define-key Info-mode-map (kbd "W")
    #'(lambda ()
        "Stash the current node name as URL for online manual."
        (interactive)
        (Info-copy-current-node-name)
        (let* ((node (pop kill-ring))
               (that (if (string-match "(\\([[:alnum:]]+\\)) \\(.*\\)" node)
                         (if (string= "guix" (match-string 1 node))
                             (concat
                              "https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#";
                              (replace-regexp-in-string " " "-"
                                                        (match-string 2 node)))