guix-devel

Re: G-expressions and chroot environment? (was Re: branch master updated

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: G-expressions and chroot environment? (was Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add passff.)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 16:19:22 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 03 Nov 2023 at 19:46, Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, there is still something that I am missing.  The derivations
> tracks all and that’s expected; thanks G-expression machinery. :-)
> However, I miss how the builder works with the chrooted environment if
> nothing is passed to it.

Thanks to chat with civodul, now all is clear. :-)

The isolated environment is populated using the list provided by the
derivation.

Somehow, the G-expression machinery tracks all for helping in
constructing the derivation, then the inputs of that derivation are put
inside the isolated environment where the builder Guile script runs.

Cool!

Cheers,
simon