guix-devel

Re: [maintenance] Compressed JSON files and served file extension?

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [maintenance] Compressed JSON files and served file extension?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 21:05:05 +0000

> And if I do not want to use curl but instead another tool as wget? :-)

then maybe complain to the authors that it doesn't comply with the standard? :)

here's the bug report BTW:

Wget not honouring Content-Encoding: gzip
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61649

or use wget2 instead.

i guess they didn't fix it in wget because they didn't want to break "backwards
compatibility". (remember: if it's not backwards, it's not compatible! :)

happy hacking,

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39