guix-devel

Re: Add anchors in HTML documentation

From: Christian Miller
Subject: Re: Add anchors in HTML documentation
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:07:46 +0100

Hi,

> There are anchors for index entries, but you typically need to jump to
> <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Programming-Index.html>
> to get the link, or to click on the symbol in a code snippet.

I did not think about that.  This is even better than what I did.

> I agree that anchor symbols in the text would help.  We’d need to tweak
> the Texinfo output and/or use @anchor more frequently in the Texinfo
> source of the manual.

It should do it automatically instead of using @anchor everytime,
since this would be repetitive.  I also saw that Emacs has sometimes
the same problem.  If this affects Texinfo to generate a different
output, we may should move it to the Texinfo ML (do they have one?).
Therefore not only Guix would profit from it.

--
Christian Miller