guix-devel

Re: RFI: Guix XMPP service.

From: Vivien Kraus
Subject: Re: RFI: Guix XMPP service.
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 19:43:50 +0100

Hello Guix!

Le vendredi 08 décembre 2023 à 19:22 +0200, MSavoritias a écrit :
> I propose to host an xmpp instance with a room/or some rooms under
> the
> guix domain. Something like xmpp.guix.gnu.org

Are there options for guests?

I don’t know how XMPP or Prosody or cheogram.com may handle this, but
the way I imagine it, we could have an array of guest accounts and
reserve one for anyone that would ask for it, for something like a
week. The guest accounts need not communicate with another server, so
we wouldn’t relay spam.

Maybe there’s something more convenient or more standard though. What
do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien