guix-devel

Re: Mixing GPL and non-copyleft code in source files

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Mixing GPL and non-copyleft code in source files
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 10:00:32 -0800

Hi Wojtek,

On Fri, Dec 22 2023, Wojtek Kosior via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU
System distribution." wrote:

> I'd like the lines of code I authored to be dual-licensed under
> GPL-3.0-or-later and CC0-1.0.  This is purely for personal reasons (as
> having a mere few dozens of lines in a project under CC0 causes no
> practical change to the project).

As someone who grew up under Microshaft's dominance of the PC market,
I'm not sure I agree with that characterization. Someone who choses the
GPL for a project is probably opposed to CC-0 for that project.

Could you publish your diffs elsewhere with an appropriate note that
they are also available under CC-0 from there?

Kind regards
Felix