guix-devel

Re: A basic Shepherd bug?

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: A basic Shepherd bug?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:06:33 +0000

> I hope to test your hypothesis. Will the trick to enable logging [1]
> also pull pull in the bug fix?

yes, you should follow the instructions in [1]; namely:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-12/msg00018.html

together with "Installing development snapshots with Guix" in shepherd's README
to add shepherd's channel.

but it will not enable logging, but rather configure your operating system to
compile and use the latest commit from the shepherd git repo, which now
(probably) contains the fix for your problem.

with the logging you're probably referring to my pending commits in:

https://codeberg.org/attila-lendvai-patches/shepherd/commits/branch/attila

but they are still being polished. i haven't even proposed them yet for
inclusion, but i'm already running my servers with that branch.

> Alternatively, may I fix the fcgiwrap-service-type to work with the
> Shepherd version currently standard in Guix?

if you can't make progress with the above, then send me your config, and i'll
run it with my shepherd branch, and hopefully the extra logging can help easily
fix any issues.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39