guix-devel

Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.3 released

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.3 released
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:59:51 +0100

On 2024-01-07 15:08:59 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the GNU Shepherd version 0.10.3, a bug-fix
> release of the new 0.10.x series, representing 51 commits over 6 months.

Congratulations on the release :)

>   ** Do not accidentally wait for Linux kernel thread completion
>      (<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67132>)
>
>   In cases a PID file contained a bogus PID or one that’s only valid in a
>   separate PID namespace, shepherd could end up waiting for the termination of
>   what’s actually a Linux kernel thread, such as PID 2 (“kthreadd”).  This
>   situation is now recognized and avoided.

This is great, I will not have to remember to run `modprobe -r mt7921e' before
each shutdown anymore.  I hope.  Looking forward to getting it in the Guix :)

Have a nice 2024,
Tomas Volf

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.