guix-devel

Re: Golang mudules to follow common grouping

From: Sharlatan Hellseher
Subject: Re: Golang mudules to follow common grouping
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 21:05:41 +0000

Hi Guix,

I'm about to prepare split and aggregation of all golag packages
 related to cryptography. The process would be the same as for
 golang-check and golang-web.

In progress:
golang-cryptography

Planned:
golang-compression
golang-build

Regards,
Oleg

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023, 01:17 Sharlatan Hellseher, <sharlatanus@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Part II of the split https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66827

Now we would have
- golang.scm - which would be logically keep on minimal number of packages
- golang-check.scm
- golang-web.scm - in review

Planed
- golang-crypto.scm
- golang-compression.scm
- golang-build.scm - which would include low level 0 dependencies packages.

I found a lot of golang packages in (gnu packages syncthing) which are not 100%
related to syncthing itself, possibly the were left there long ago.

Thanks,
Oleg