guix-devel

Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion

From: Skyler Ferris
Subject: Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 19:56:48 +0000

On 2/6/24 05:39, Steve George wrote:
> I agreed to organise some 'patch review' online sessions in the next couple of
> weeks.
>
> Organising a basic process is a good topic for that online session. For
> example, elsewhere in the thread someone mentions some tags we could use
> consistently so maintainers can find patches that have been reviewed easily.
> It
> would be great to agree those - try them for a bit - and document them in a
> 'howto' so that everyone uses the same process.
Have these been announced somewhere yet (eg, with url & exact time)? If
not will being subscribed to the help-guix list and/or checking the Guix
blog be sufficient to receive notification? As someone who has sent
patches in the past and intends to continue sending more in the future,
I'd like to do my part to keep the project in a good state. However, I
am new to interacting with large FLOSS projects so I'm nervous about
causing more problems than I solve if I just start doing things.