guix-devel

Re: On the road to the next release: testing the installer

From: Romain
Subject: Re: On the road to the next release: testing the installer
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 13:35:14 +0100

Hi,

On February 10, 2024 11:35:56 AM GMT+01:00, Josselin Poiret <dev@jpoiret.xyz>
wrote:
>Hi Tanguy,
>
>Tanguy LE CARROUR <tanguy@bioneland.org> writes:
>
>> Grub asked me right away my passphrase and… it did not work! 😱
>> After several attempts, I figured out that the keyboard layout
>> was apparently set to `qwerty` even though I had selected `bépo AFNOR`
>> during the configuration. When I eventually typed my passphrase
>> in `querty` Grub started and boot my system and… I had to type the
>> passphrase a second time, but, fortunately this time in `bépo`!
>> I checked the `config.scm` and the layout was properly set in the
>> bootloader declaration.
>
>We don't try to embed the required keymap in the GRUB image and load it
>early on.  It shouldn't be too hard, but would require a bit of
>refactoring.

I started looking at this issue as I am also using full encryption with Guix
system.
If someone familiar with the grub-bootloader module would give me a few
pointers, I'd be happy to work on fixing it. AFAIR, I couldn't figure out how
to access to the grub configuration in the code installing the grub image on
disk.

--
Romain