guix-devel

Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion

From: Suhail
Subject: Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 02:31:45 +0000

Clément Lassieur <clement@lassieur.org> writes:

>> It seems on the [dev manual] we already have "reviewed-looks-good"
>> documented.  Thus, I'd like to propose the below *mutually exclusive*
>> Debbugs tag set:
>>
>> - "not-yet-reviewed" :: automatically set for all submissions
>> - "reviewed-needs-fix" :: set explicitly by the reviewer
>> - "needs-another-review" :: automatically set if there's a revised
>>   patch, unless "not-yet-reviewed" (in which case no change)
>> - "reviewed-looks-good" :: set explicitly by the reviewer
>
> Would it makes sense to have a "does-not-apply" tag too?
>
> I believe that would help sorting old those old patches that don't apply
> anymore.

Agreed.  A "does-not-apply" tag would be helpful.  This tag would be
explicitly applied, either by the QA mechanism or a reviewer.

Assuming there aren't any objections to these tags, what are the next
steps?  If my understanding of Debbugs Usertags is correct it seems we
can simply start using them?  Though noting the above in the manual
would be helpful.  However, that still leaves open the issue of how the
automated setting of tags is accomplished.

Thoughts?

--
Suhail